Application to the Major
All students desiring to major in Social Work at BYU-Hawaii must complete the necessary scholastic prerequisites, which are:
- Received a final grade in Social Work 160 of a C+ or better,
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.50 or better
- Completion of the application packet (includes application form, signed standards form, letter of recommendation, autobiography (minimum 1 page), approved MAP by an Academic Advisor.
*Note: You must be a first semester Sophomore and have at least 30 credit hours completed.
Students who have not met the above requirements will not be able to register for 300 or 400 level classes. Students must apply to the major by the Application Deadlines Below:
- 1st Friday in March – Summer Semester Entrance
- 1st Friday in May – Fall Semester Entrance
- 1st Friday in October – Winter Semester Entrance
Transfer students will complete the Baccalaureate Education Assesment Project (BEAP) when they arrive on Campus. Students of Campus will complete the BEAP in SOCW 160 with their instructor.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact the Department Secretary at 808.675.4968 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org